Read my blog in other languages here !

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Galettes Galore - Week 5

Hello !!
Guess what? I just finished a very relaxing week! I even almost forgot to blog today because I have been catching up on all my shows, blissfully reading books in English and doing excessive baking with my host siblings. I don't really have any deep reflections to talk about this week, I pretty much just feel content, like the feeling you get after eating your favorite thing for dinner (my favorite thing is now a galette). I am just going to say what I did this week and thats about it ! :)

Monday: Woke up later than usual (10am) and I introduced my host brother, Ewen (pronounced like "Owen" but with an "E") to having eggs and bacon for breakfast. Eggs for breakfast here is very strange. Usually they are eaten on pizza or in "galettes", traditional salty crepes with eggs, ham and cheese. After that, we just hung out at home and then later we took the bikes out and got some exercise. When my host parents came home, we made galettes and I convinced them to start "The Walking Dead"... now they're obsessed. We have watched it every night since.

Tuesday: Ewen and I stayed home alone again. Read some more and caught up on more shows. Baked an apple cake. It was really good. Watched more Walking Dead. (I could get used to this life ahaha)

Wednesday: This day, my host mom doesn't work, so we ran errands and then we hung out outside because it was a beautiful day. Like 60 degrees. In February. That's crazy ! I also went to track and it was so fun! I am so glad I decided to do track because it helps me make friends with people who have the same interests as me :)

Thursday: Ewen and I home again. More reading and shows. Baked a lot of cookies and we ate them all by the end of the day. More Walking Dead. Onto season 2 now.

Friday: Well thats today, so today we woke up, had breakfast, walked the dog and then went over to their grandparents' house for more galettes (yum!) and then we came home, baked more cookies and here I am! The plan for tonight is eat dinner and watch more Walking Dead!

WOW now that I re-read this, I sound really boring but it was a fun week, I swear!

Anyways, thats about it for this week, but next week should be more interesting because I have actual things planned!

Bises,

Cecilia


Pictures!
My host siblings and I in a little town called "La Gacilly" last weekend.

Cat nap.

Traditional French "Goûter"

Making galettes.

My galette.

Ewen and I's apple cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment